Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Love this Picture



It was taken while Susan, daughter, and Will, son-in-law, were in Quanajuato, Mexico this past July. It was taken from the balcony of their hotel room right after a thunder storm. Do you see the woman in the clouds?

A few years back she and I went to Guanajuato. We fell in love with the area. The people were wonderful and the sites beautiful. I loved how the families strolled each evening, hearing the church bells and shopping, shopping, shopping.

I've been to several tourist areas in Mexico but Guanajuato isn't a big American tourist destination. So, their prices have not been inflated. What a treat to purchase lovely things at a very reasonable price. Hardly any English is spoken there. My daughter and I still laugh about some of our experiences with our lack of speaking the language.

One special treat was visiting the home of Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo. and their unusual art. Did you see the wonderful movie "Frida" with Selma Hayek? I loved it. I'm not a big fan of their art but they sure had interesting lives.

Guanajuato is a walking town. A lot of their streets are closed to traffic. So, if you ever visit there take comfortable walking shoes. See (sic) and cinnamon thoughts, in blog list, if you want to see pictures of their trip.

I've also posted a few of the cards that I've made in my Flickr, see blog list.

No comments: