Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, October 20, 2008

It's Craft Fair Season Here.....


......in the Myrtle Beach, SC, area. There were 3 of them this weekend.

The one that I chose to attend was in a similar 55+ community like the one where we live. Only, they are very active and have quite a calendar of events.

We got there just as the doors opened. Before I even got in the door I made my first purchase. A lovely Christmas Cactus in a 6" pot for only $2. In fact, everything there was really inexpensive.


I made most of my purchases at one particular table. Along with her regular craft items, this lady also had packaged up some of her unwanted embellishments. Well, I got several baggies full of goodies. I've already used some of them.

The photograph display table was full of wonderful beach pictures. I didn't get anything from him but we sure had a nice visit about his hobby. I have his card for a possible future purchase.

I also saw some cards that were made using dimensional paint. I really like them. I'll have to try that sometime. Ideas, ideas, ideas.

This is a card that I made that I particularly like. It's using a "faux silk" technique using tissue paper. The technique came from Michelle's Rubber Room (see link below).


1 comment:

Denise Clark said...

Looks like you had lots of fun, Jeanette!

You've been tagged! For details see http://stampingvacation.blogspot.com