Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Busy Busy Busy


I just completed this postcard to submit to the Artlink Contemporary Art Gallery.

The title is "Welcome to South Carolina". The postcard is in response to a call, by Artlink, for postcard art from all over the world.

I used a collage of pictures and words cut from magazines. It took awhile to get an arrangement that I liked. Then I glued everything to a 4" x 6" piece of heavy card stock. It is finished with a light layer of Mod Podge.


This is my practice piece using parts of landscapes and a picture of the Biltmore Hotel in North Carolina.














I've just added another project to my list. I found this project posted on the Cardmaker forum
It involves making 10 Valentine's Day cards for our servicemen and women so they can send them to a loved one. It is sponsored by Cards for Heroes.

I'm making progress on my list of projects. The Mail Art is ready to go, my cards for the Christmas card contest are ready to submit, the ATCs for the Christmas ATC swap are started. I still want to make Christmas cards for Cards 4 Kids and, of course, the Valentine's Day assortment.

Who said being retired is boring? Not me!

No comments: