Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Chandelier


Weeks ago, on my old Yahoo 360 blog, I wrote about picking out a new dining room chandelier. It was taking us forever to get this little project completed. I looked and looked at fixtures. Nothing was suitable in either looks or cost.

I stumbled on to a paper lantern web site, The Paper Lantern Store. They had some interesting items. I chose this 3 tier, beaded, sheer fabric shade in a golden beige. I really like it. I think it has a funky elegance. I like it against the soft green wall with a beige chair rail. Project completed!

See the golden stems of the center arrangement? They are the remains of a bouquet given to me last Thanksgiving. They dried naturally all by themselves. I love the golden color so I kept it.

There was also lavender in the bouquet that dried. It has ended up in the rusty oven kitchen counter arrangement (taken before lavender added). The lavender looks very nice with the red. The picture is of my sweet Pammy cat.

Stuck in the corner is a dried artichoke stem. I got this during our travels in Canada at a dried flower farm. We were staying in an RV resort on the outskirts of Vancouver, B.C. in a beautiful farming area. So many farms, flowers, fruit and veggies. We had our fill of beautiful, fresh produce to eat.

No comments: