Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

If Life Gives You Lemons.......


Make lemonade. That's what I'm going to do with my first harvest from my Mayer's Dwarf Lemon tree. I just picked these yesterday.

Darn! We are having a cold snap here. They are expecting the low to be 28 degrees this a.m. Brrrrrrr. I moved to the beach to be warm! I had enough freezing temps in Reno.

So, I went out yesterday afternoon and covered plants or moved them to a more protected area. I use 55 gallon clear plastic bags. My neighbors are in Cleveland right now, so, I covered up her palms for her. She had just planted them this summer. I covered my new palm and bottle brush tree and a large potted plant that are in the front garden bed. My fig got moved inside the covered patio and bagged. The bag is almost to small. It was a struggle to get it over the tree. The 2 weeping figs and lemon were brought inside. Everything else, and there were lots of plants to shuffle around, got moved to the patio.

My little plant nursery is doing great. Everything is developing roots. Soon they will have to go into little pots. My Russian Hollyhocks have each spouted new growth. The Christmas Cactus has bloomed with brilliant dark pink blossoms. I sure do enjoy my plants!

2 comments:

Denise Clark said...

Jeanette, I envy you your green thumb! I think mine is black. BUT my husband definitely has the green thumb and grow beautiful plants, veggies and fruits for me! Are you going to share you lemonade? :)

Audrey said...

I am envious as my lemon tree has nothing but leaves on it! I a actually able to grow plants here which is amazing as I usually have a black thumb. Iunderstand the cold. I have been wearing flannel pj's for about 3 weeks as it gets cold here at night. Love allthe beautiful pictures.
Audrey