Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

A New Technique


Well, it is to me anyway.

I learned how to do this on the TV show "Paint, Paper and Crafts" on PBS yesterday. It is making a distressed border using your slide type paper cutter, an embossing tool and sandpaper. Easy.

I just marked off where I wanted my border to be, using paper colored on one side only. Then I lined up the marks with the groove in the paper cutter and ran the embossing tool through the groove a couple of times. The raised border is then lightly sanded with the sandpaper. I liked that so much that I tried it using a brass embossing stencil. I like that also.

The complete instructions can be found on Cutterstv.com.
It is listed under Episodes, List by Project, Card stock Distressing.

Now, let's see what I can make using this "new to me" technique. Stay tuned.

No comments: