Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, November 17, 2008

A Working Weekend

If you can call doing one of my favorite things
working.

I completed the dozen Christmas cards that I want to send to the Cards 4 Kids.

Here are just a couple. The polar bear is from Cowtown Stamps and the trees are cut from green corrugated paper that came in a bulk package from Marco's paper. The base card is soft blue with torn strips of white to imitate snow drifts.

The Santa, I can't give credit for that one because I've forgotten where it came from, is stamped, colored with markers and cut out. It is layered on to Valentine paper (huh?) and then on to a
green base card. The gifts are glittered,
cut and placed in Santa's hands.

This is a really fun project to work with. They put the cards to such good use. The children really appreciate getting them. I just found out that there is a need for teen boys and young men birthday cards. I'm not sure that I know what is acceptable for a teen boy, etc, so, if anyone wants to help you can sign up on the Cards 4 Kids web page. There is also a need for lots and lots of Valentines for the little ones. The hospital wants each child to be able to exchange or send out Valentines to their friends. Remember how much fun we had doing that? I'm thinking of doing single page ones like you get in the packs at the store. I'll probably use my computer because I want to make lots.

Well, back to stamping. I've got inchies, ATCs and my own Christmas cards to work on. There's that word again. It's not work, its pure enjoyment.

No comments: