Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Birds of a Feather

Bluebird Tree of Happiness. This is the finished card that I have been working on for several days. This is a swap card that is on its way to Kuwait. My partner in the swap lives in a Diplomatic Enclave there. Her father is a Diplomat from India.

The theme of the swap was "tree". Somehow, I got it in my head to make a bird tree using my favorite bird stamps. This plate of stamps is from gg designs.
This is one design I had a hard time putting down on paper. Remember that terrible example I posted the other day. The problem turned out to be the paper. When I stamped the "tree" on vellum, it all started coming together. I like the look of blues and browns together. I've been seeing a lot of that color combination lately.




Birds of a Feather. I did the background by blending chalks to represent earth and sky. I used hairspray as a fixative. Works for me and it doesn't smell awful. I don't have a branch stamp. I played around on scratch paper until I could paint a branch. Crossing my fingers, I painted one on to the background with watercolor marker and a tiny paint brush. I used 3 graduated sizes of the bird stamps and stamped them sitting on the branch. This was torn and layered on a lavender panel, then on to the base card of brown. I like this color combo, too. It still needed something. A feather, but, all I have is white. Water coloring the feather worked. There finished.

I've used my bird stamps several times but I haven't used the larger sizes yet. I'll have to come up with something.

2 comments:

Tindaloo said...

Love the birdies - and the feather card was nicely painted! :)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What very sweet creations!! Love those birds!! :) TFS!