Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Collage


Collage: "an art form made up of scraps of paper and other odds and ends pasted down", Webster's New Dictionary compact edition.

I found the article "Readers Reach Out" in the January 2009 edition of Cardmaker magazine. This months theme is Bold & Brilliant and our hand made cards will be donated to City Light Home Bold and Brilliant for Women and Children, a women's shelter and recovery program, Boise, Idaho.

This bird collage card is the first of 5 that I will be sending to Cardmaker as my donation. I made this card using a red base card and a scrape of beige paper. The bird, branch, flowers and gold squares are all pictures cut from magazines. I have another collage card in progress. It just needs that finishing detail. Which I haven't hit upon yet. If I look at it long enough, something will eventually come to me.

I enjoy collage. I enjoy making cards and donating them to good causes. I enjoy my life.