Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, December 26, 2008

Design Team Newbie

I recently was included in the Design Team of Cowtown Stamps . The rest of the team is Laurel, store owner; Denise, Stamping Vacation; Vickie, Stamped Smiles; and now me.

Laurel sent her first batch of stamps to have cards designed. What fun I'm having doing this.


The first stamp that I chose to work with is "small sunflower" #2012. I created this card using pumpkin card stock and trimming the front page about an inch. Next, stamping the image, embossing with glitter orange and coloring in with gold watercolor pencil . I cut it out and then cut the image again into quarters. It is layered on to a light green panel and fixed to the base card. The inside page is layered with a 1 1/4" strip of designer paper. And, adorned with a green plaid bow and an orange button for the flower center.

My second card using the "small sunflower" is on gold card stock computer printed with clip art of a clock face. This is then stamped over with a small tile in green. The sunflower is stamped several times and colored with shades of gold to orange colored pencil. Two images are used in the face of clock layered upon each other. I used small leaves for the hands of the clock. The rest of the images are cut in half and placed on to the card. I also sculpted some petals of each flower. It's finished with a sentiment strip made on the computer.

There, finished and submitted.

These stamps can be purchased at Cowtown Stamps using the link above. Laurel ships to Canada and around the world.

3 comments:

Denise Clark said...

Great job, Jeanette! Love both cards! Welcome to the design team!

Janine said...

Nicely done Jeanette!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! What an awesome job Jeanette!! These are so pretty!! Welcome to the design team...but I didn't know you were new?!! WOW! HOW COOL!! WELCOME!! I can't wait to get my first batch of designs!! WOOHOO!! I look forward to seeing more of your work!!