Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Stickers



I have a drawer full of stickers that I hardly ever use. I collect packs of them and then promptly forget that I have them. I looked through my collection and the first thing that came to mind was a field of wildflowers. During our travels in the rv I've seen many fields of wildflowers along side of the road. Beautiful. I think my representation is more "cute" than "beautiful".

It was simple to create. Torn blue and green papers layered on to a yellow base card. Multiple stampings of a tree stamp from Cowtown Stamps and a bird stamp, unknown origin. A little highlighting with colored pencils and random placement of flower stickers.

The stickers are really nail art that I got at the Dollar Store.
I first saw that on Audrey's Cards by Design blog. She is my stamping friend that is living in Mexico. Be sure to visit her blog and check out her Christmas cards using embossing paste and glitter, really nice. Currently she has posted a lovely card done with chalk and stencils.

While digging through the stickers, I found several packs of Valentine stickers. I'm going to use them in my Valentine Card project for Cards 4 Kids. The hospital wants to collect at least 250 cards for the children to exchange. I am going to send 25 cards.

1 comment:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Very great idea!! I should do this myself!! :) Thanks so much for stopping by and making all of those wonderful comments!! Have a fabulous weekend friend!!