Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Beauty in Purple



There is a challenge at the DogGoneStamps group at Papercraftplanet to create a card using shades of purple. Here is my "Beauty in Purple" using a stamp from my DGS 1926 Collection.

It was pretty easy to make. I stamped the image onto a variegated purple card stock with purple ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. I liked the way that looked so I didn't do any more coloring on it at all. The rest of the card is layers of card stock, designer paper, vellum and purple crystals.

Speaking of Groups. I wasn't doing much at Papercraftplanet until I found this Group of great people. They create some amazing cards using their DGS. It sure keeps me on my toes.

There are 2 more groups that I belong to at PCP. The Fairiesong Art Stamp Group and ATC and Card Swap Group.

If you enjoy a more personal exchange rather than a big forum, check out PCPs many many groups. You are sure to find one that interests you.

Since I'm sharing forums that I visit, I should tell you about the "First Ever Crop" at Cardmakers/Card Swap Forum. There will be challenges and games everyday from February 26 - 28. Sounds like fun!

And, last but not least, I found this web site for anyone interested in keeping track of Designer Calls. It's called Pubcalls.com.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

3 comments:

Janine said...

Gorgeous!! Purple is just such a pretty color I think!! Have a great weekend.

my5bratz said...

great use of vellum...lovely card :0)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh do you know how much I LOVE the purple?!! This is so pretty!!! WOW!