Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Challenge Cards and News


This card is for challenges on Lots to Do, "Marvelous Metal" and Cute Card Thursday, challenge #46 "Metallica".

Gee, I guess I didn't do any stamping on this card. My inspiration came from an old necklace of mine with chains of gold coins. And it just went from there. All of the clip art is from my ancient Printmaster software. The sentiment is computer generated. The tiny cards I found at Michaels during a huge sale they were having. All of these elements were layered onto white, black and green card stock.

Sometimes the cards that I make spark an old memory to life. I'm from a family of card players. My dad always played Rummy with me. But the grownups played poker. Part way through the evening Mom would start the homemade fudge. She always used lots of walnuts in her recipe. She could really make good fudge. She would get the fudge to the perfect soft ball stage then beat the dickens out of it. This was all done before we had candy thermometers. I can taste it now.

On to the news. First, my stamping friend from Texas, Pat aka Wood Veneer Man is in the midst of working with RubberStampMadness magazine on an article about stamping on wood veneer. This is the result of a postcard contest, using veneer, held at Rubberstampchat a while back. The postcards were donated to Audrey in Chapala, Mexico for the children's home she is involved with. This is really exciting for all of us involved. If you haven't tried stamping on wood veneer it really is a fun medium to use.

Audrey is the subject of my next news. She is my stamping friend from Mexico. Her news is that she is opening a small gift shop. She will be selling cards and gifts. Her shop will be called the "Pink Poodle". Audrey is a very busy lady. She also was approached to make the small gift cards used in bouquets from the local floral shop. She is looking into that right now. Ha! And she is supposed to be retired in Mexico. But what a wonderful retirement to be able to follow your dreams. I'm very happy for both of my friends.

8 comments:

Deb said...

fabulous card, love the 'theme', and the coins are such a great embellishment!
Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge, have a great day, Debx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a cool creation!! Love all the elements you've used for this theme! :) Congrats to your friends!!

Ang C said...

a gorgeous card

crafty creations said...

Thank you so much for joining the Lotstodo Challenge with such a stunning piece - love all the elements you've added.

Congrats to your friends on their successful venture

Will email you re - link

x Hilda

Glitter Monkey said...

What fun this is! Love the idea. Thanks for joining in with CCT. Lol Lynn x

Jaqi said...

fab card , what a great design, Jaqi

Jacilynn said...

Love this. The coins are so great. Great design.
Jacilynn

Denise Clark said...

What a cool card! Love this design! Great colors and layout, Jeanette!