Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, February 23, 2009

In Your Easter Bonnet


You know, I don't even know when Easter is this year. My children are grown and I tend to forget some of holidays that we celebrated when they were little. It was so much fun decorating the eggs with the kids and then watching them find them. One year we dyed our white poodle, Ralph, with food coloring. Oh, he was so pretty with his new calico coat of pink, blue, green and yellow. He was the hit of the neighborhood that Easter.

It is nice doing Spring type cards. I love the pretty pastel colors that can be used. This card is done with white and yellow card stock. The Designer Paper is from Stamp til You Cramp where Shannon has Stampin Up products. I punched tiny flowers from a strip from the Raspberry Tart collection to use as embellishment on the hats and card. Not wanting to waste a good strip of paper I used it as trim. I don't know who makes the paper flowers. The hat stamps are from Cowtown Stamps.

I almost forgot this card is in answer to Sketch Challenge #4 at Inspirational Card Challenge.

I just noticed that I didn't autocrop when I scanned this card.

I just found a new place to shop. BMuse Altered Art Products $1 Store. I haven't ordered yet but I'm interested in their products. They have custom Embossing Powders, I sent for free samples, and small amounts of fibers at reasonable prices among lots of other goodies.

Enjoy

7 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely card with beautiful spring like colours. Thanks for joining us at ICS this week.

Karen x

Denise Clark said...

Love this Springy card! The bonnets in the flowers are so cute! Do families still get all dressed up in bonnets and cute little dresses for Easter Sunday? My kids still love to color Easter Eggs and now the grandkids can do it too.
Jeanette, like I don't have enough places to spend my money! LOL I'll check out BMuse and hold you responsible! LOL

scrapnnMO said...

oh it's beautiful! Love the pretty colors and thank you for playing along with us this week at ICS!

Terrie B x said...

Very pretty spring card..I love those bonnets..Your card looks fine as it is Jeanette:)
`Thanks` for joining in with I-C-S This week..
Have a lovely Tuesday:)~X~

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! I just LOVE your colors!! Very pretty indeed and your take on the sketch is just fabulous!! Awesome job girl!! :) TFS!

Tricia said...

holy moly cuteness! There are some great details here! I just love those hat stamps! Thanks for playing along at ICSketches!

Marcea said...

This is so pretty, I love the gorgeous shades you have used to create your card
Thanks for joining us this week
-x-