Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, February 16, 2009

It's 1926

I did this mostly for me. I couldn't wait to stamp one of these images.

But it is also for the DogGoneStamp Group sketch challenge this week. You will have to sign in with PaperCraftPlanet before going to the group. Check it out. It's lot's of fun and you'll meet some very nice people with the mutual love of stamping and DogGoneStamps.

I wanted to do something fairly simple to showcase this lovely image.

I used basic beige and black card stock.
Beige, ivory and gray designer papers and
black sheer ribbon. The ribbon was
originally olive green which
I colored with black chalk ink.
Sometimes you have to improvise when you don't have what you want in your stock. Touches
of color are white, pink, silver and blue colored pencils. The embellishment is 3 small paper roses. The finishing touch is a pearl for her earring.

I think this image is perfect for this sketch.

Have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW! What a gorgeous image!! Your creation is just beautiful Jeanette!!

Marcea said...

this is so sweet - lovethe musical notes!!! Thanks for joining us on ics this week
-x-

Hilde Larsen aka. Tindaloo said...

Gorgeous card Jeanette! I love the beautiful image :)
I'm happy to be back online - missed u too! I've gotten your mail, and loved it! Will write you a note tomorrow :)

Janine said...

Wow Jeanette... this is so pretty!!