Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Long Shadow



This is my card for Denise's Stamping Vacation sketch challenge and Daring Cardmaker's Oriental Splendour theme challenge. Notice the spelling of splendor. The team from this site is from the UK, NZ and Australia.

I thought the sketch and theme would work nicely together.

You'll notice that the 2 pictures of the cat are different colors. The original clip art picture, Printmaster, has the cat in black. For the Daring Cardmakers challenge we couldn't use black or red in our cards. So, I altered the color to brown. Purple legs and shadow were an extra little bonus. I couldn't do anything but think that it enhanced the image. You have to be adaptable. I stamped oriental characters on a piece of scrap paper with Burnt Sienna Color Box Liquid Chalk. The background paper is Autumn Leaves in aqua distressed with a little of the burnt sienna. I also used brown and bronze metallic card stock. The embellishment is an aqua wooden bead.

My entry for the sketch done in Oriental Splendour.

7 comments:

Beth Norman said...

You did a bang up job with the challenge. I really like the results.

Susan (Sue H) said...

What a beautiful cat image Jeanet. I love the way you’ve changed the colours, in fact I think it looks better now than it did before. Love the wooden bead too; it’s a really nice finishing touch.

Thanks for joining in with the DCM dare this week.

Janine said...

Really nicely done Jeanette!!

Jean said...

Very nice card Jeannette, interesting challenge and technique. I have never thought about trying something like this I might need to eh?

Jenny Gropp said...

I love that kitty image -- very cool!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a really sweet card!! Love your image and colors!! Great take on Denise's sketch too!! :)

Empress L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.