Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mojo Monday on Sunday




The weather has warmed up nicely here. We are expecting almost 70 degrees today. So, today, I plan to get some gardening in. My poor yard really needs some attention after days of freezing temps.

While working on Mojo Monday sketch #72, I was thinking warm weather and Spring is on the way. The sentiment on my card says it's already here. I can dream can't I?

The designer papers are Making Memories and Marcella. I stamped the butterfly in Distress Ink Vintage Photo on a scrap of DP. My butterfly stamp is from a set of foam stamps that I bought years ago. I think this butterfly is the only survivor of the set. The flower is also part of the Making Memories set Garden Party. All elements are layered onto white card stock.


"I read somewhere that the ink you use should be based on the colors you will use:
Black: Bold Brights
Gray: Soft Soft Subtles
Brown: Earth Elements
Navy Blue:Rich Regals" said Sandy.

This helpful bit of info is from Sandy O. She shared this tip with us on the DogGoneStamps Group forum at Paper Craft Planet. Sandy is also on the DogGoneStamps Design Team. After deciding that my colors were more subtle than bright I used brown ink. I could have used the gray but I opted for brown because the outlines in the DP is in brown. I like the results.

Oh, I almost forgot. If you want to see a spectacular card visit ggdesigns Gazette
and check out Linda Blackbird's stunning Valentine's Day card.

Put a spring in your step and have a happy day.

8 comments:

Lauri said...

Thanks for the tip! I had not known that...but that is very helpful!

Jean said...

Very nice!

Janine said...

Very nicely done!! Hope you have had a great weekend.

Denise Clark said...

Jeanette, LOVE this sketch and love what you did with it! Great card!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Jeanette, you are so good at these sketches!! :) Beautiful colors and the butterfly is awesome!! :) TFS!!

Jana M. said...

Awesome job!

Stampin Mindy said...

Beautiful! Have a great day!

Beth Norman said...

Very pretty job with the challenge.