Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, February 6, 2009

My Last Sketch Challenge for the Week


This is Sketch #36 for Sketch Saturday. I like doing sketch challenges. I always seem to learn something along the way.

Just this morning I visited Janine at 2bKrafty and she had an entry for Sharon's Stamp Simply Let's Get Negative challenge. I followed Janine's links to the design team's cards for the challenge. Oh My, how wonderful they all are. Then it was on the to Sharon's challenge page to read a great demo on the negative image. Well worth all of the clicks. I recommend that you stop by all of the sites.

Now, back to my creation. By the way, you might want to put on sunglasses. My cards aren't usually this colorful.

The stamp I used is from DogGoneStamps. The Designer Paper came from a bunch that I picked up at Big Lots. So did the cloth ribbon. It was in the Christmas Clearance section for 25c. I only used 1 piece of ribbon but I cut it into 2 strips because I wanted just the red in the ribbon. I got a bonus with a nice frayed look. The tiny flowers placed around are from a $1 store punch. Do I take advantage of a good buy, you bet. They are placed to sort of follow the tabs shown on the sketch. And, don't laugh, I colored in the window box with my favorite primary color markers from Crayola. I love the tips on them and the colors are simple and bright.

Just a Note: DogGoneStamps has new images in their catalog. There really cute dog stamps in the "Dog" category and butterflies in the "Spring" category.

There is a new DogGoneStamps Group on PaperCraftPlanet for you to check out, also.

2 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a beautiful creation Jeanette!! Just love those flowers!! WOW! :) Great sketch too!!

scrapnnMO said...

WOW beautiful card! Love it! ♥