Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Note to Self

This image from DogGoneStamps
is called "DT Pup". That is because he is the logo on our Design Team page at DGS. When you go there you'll be able to see our gallery of cards.

DGS also has a fairly new but very active group at PaperCraftPlanet. I made this to submit for the challenge this week.

I had the hardest time with my water coloring. I need practice, practice, practice. There is some beautiful watercoloring showcased on DGS or the DGS group pages. Now that's what I want to be able to do!

When I finally got something acceptable painted on the DT Pup,
it was easy after that. A little cutting of some card stock and
Designer Paper (Scrappy chic). I used bronze gel pen for some
outlining and writing. I used my own handwriting because pups have lousy penmenship and so do I.

Note to Self: Don't forget big, huge, one day only sale at Addicted to Rubber Stamps tomorrow, Feb 25th.

4 comments:

Denise Clark said...

Jeanette, love this! So cute! I think doing the Note to Self in your own handwriting is a perfect touch! I also love that bone clip! Great card!

Sara said...

Your pup is adorable! Great take on the sketch!

XOXO
Sara

PS- can't wait to start the paper arts challenges :)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OMG!! How cute!! :) Really love your image and that cute little bone clip!! Makes me smile! TFS!

Teresa Brooks said...

I love this card...the little puppy is soooo darling.