Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thinking Small in a Big Way


Inchies, Twinchies, ATCs and Scraplings. I've done several Inchies and ATCs but, gee whiz, what is a Twinchie or a Scrapling. This is a Twinchie for The Small World of Inchie &Twinchies challenge with the theme "Marie Antionette". Nancy explains it this way.....

"What is a INCHIE?

A inchie is a square, 1" x 1" (2.54cm x 2.54cm). You can make something wonderfull of a inchie. Use ink, stamps, paint, UTEE, embossingpowder, lace, flowers, paper, vintage photo's, etc. It's a fun challenge to work that small!

What is a TWINCHIE?

A twinchie is a 2-inch square (5cm x 5cm)."

An ATC is 2.5" x 3.5" rectangle. Description from a package of ATCs.

And, a Scrapling is.....Text taken from SCS:
If you are making a square card, you usually have a 4.25 x 1.25 folded piece of cardstock left over. Put them in a little basket and soon, you have a pile of scraplings waiting to be decorated!

So there you have it. An assortment of tiny works of art to trade and enjoy. I'm even working on groups of Inchies, ATCs and even Scraplings for different swaps. So how could I pass up doing a Twinchie. One of the Inchie projects is a book. We could use an additional 1/4" inch for the spine of the book. I have one tiny book made and it turned out pretty good. There are 5 pages of images in my tiny book.

But not all things are small. I have BIG NEWS!!! On Friday I will be posting my BLOG CANDY event. Be sure to check in to see what you could win.

4 comments:

Lauri said...

Inchies!! Twinchies!! so cute!!! I am doing my first ATC!!!

Stef H: (Illinois, US) said...

Who knew something so small could be this gorgeous! WOW! You're good!!!

"Scrap & Stamp" talks all about inchies this month. Hmmm, must be getting popular!

Am chompin' at the bit for the blog candy - LOL!

Have a great day!

Irish3 said...

Ohhh, I like your Marie Twinchie too! I love the feather you added, very nice touch!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Gorgeous design Jeanette!! Love the doily and that beautiful feather! You're doing an awesome job with these images!! :) TFS!