Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Another InchieTwinchie


The Small World of Inchies & Twinchies challenge this week is "Spring". Aren't we all thinking Spring. I know I am.

My Twinchie (1" x 2") is made with a ripple embossed base. On this I layered my Prima flower and butterfly (does't look much like a butterfly but it is). The butterfly came embellished with pearls so I just carried on with a pearl embellishment. You can't see it that well but there is clear sparkly thread wrapped around the Twinchie and left in a tassle.

I love doing these smaller pieces. I've been thinking of doing a Twinchie challenge here. I would post or link to each blog that submits a Twinchie. Maybe even give a small prize. If at least 5 people leave me a comment that they want to do this, I'll do it.
I'll give it a couple of days to see if there is any response.

Vickie from Stamped Smiles
has the neatest ribbon border on one of her cards.
She is also demonstrating the 3-D technique.
Vickie is very talented and creative. You should really check this out.

Here is my Glitter Lizard from the Spring Fling newsletter.
It turned out OK for doing just a quick try. I used white pigment ink sprinkled with crystal glitter. The lizard ggdesigns
is stamped with black dye ink. I did have to brush off some of the glitter from where it didn't belong. That might have been because the black ink wasn't quite dry. I didn't cut out the lizard like I was going to because I thought you might like to see how nice the white on white looks.
I can forward a copy of the newsletter if anyone would like a copy.

Enjoy.

12 comments:

Fiona Whitehead said...

Count me in!

Beth Norman said...

Now this is the cutest twinchy I've seen yet! I love how you added 3-D elements to it.

Lauri said...

I would give it a try! I just made my first ATC for a swap and would love to try these! I love how you made this with the mixed media!

Sara said...

What a gorgeous twinchy! I'm so inspired to host a swap for them- so stay tuned :)

XOXO
Sara

Stef H: (Illinois, US) said...

I've never tried an inchie and it would never be as fabulous as this one is! I love the 3-D look of it all!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh how cool is this!!! I just love your twinchie!! :) So fun!! :) TFS!!

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

I don't think I could work on such a small space.
I struggle with ATC's.

Hat's off to you girls!

Cheers,

Dorothy

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Your art piece is gorgeous, Jeanette, beautifully created.

Sara said...

Me too me too!

XOXO
Sara

Nancy Dooren aka Nans said...

This one is beautiful!!!

Irish3 said...

Very cool inchie you made for Spring, lots of additions and yet it still looks nice and light and Springy!

Hilde Larsen aka. Tindaloo said...

So pretty this twinchie! :) And I just love lizards - think I must have 3 or 4 lizard stamps somewhere!
Saw a lot of them when I was on Gran Canaria! My mum wasn't too happy when a couple was hiding under the sofa though... And I had to put a sock on my hand and get them out! Too bad one lost it's tale in the shuffle - but i'm told they loose them on purpose, so I didn't feel too bad (and in my mom's eyes I was somewhat of a hero *lol* :)