Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Flowers

Here is my Twinchie for the Small World of Inchie & Twinchies

I made this from an ATC that was in the scrap drawer. It had been
painted with Twinkling H20s in a Lime Green.
I haven't done a dry embossing in a long time so I chose to do that. The image is colored
with chalks and fixed with hairspray. The piece is cut with decorative edge scissors with a little gold thread wrapped around the top.

Mel at Mel's Basket of Blessings has a wonderful tutorial on using chalks. I love the look of chalks and you can erase your mistakes. That works for me. I get a nice soft look by using Liquid Chalk Ink by Colorbox also.


Speaking of soft color. These beautiful papers are available as "Freebies" at Stamptv
This forum looks pretty interesting. It's full of challenges, tutorials, etc.
I downloaded this set and another shabby chic set.



6 comments:

Stef H (GlitterbabeGreetings) said...

It's fabulous! I love it. Looks more yellow than lime green and that's beautiful! I love chalks. Once you get used to them, it's hard to break away!

Off to check out that part of Stamp TV. I'm already a member and don't remember seeing that. Thanks for the link!

Hugs,

Stef H (GlitterbabeGreetings) said...

P.S. Both links (Mel's & StampTV) takes us to Mel's. Oops!

Hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hello Jeanette!! WOW!! I really love the shape of this one!! Such pretty flowers and embossing!! :) Fab job on the challenge!! TFS!

Linda said...

I love how you've made a decorative edged Twinchie! Very pretty embossing and I think chalks are very underated, but a great medium to work with.

Nancy Dooren aka Nans said...

I love the colors!!!! Beautiful!

Beth Norman said...

I haven't done twinchies or inchies yet. Hmmmmm. Maybe I should.