Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's a Beautiful Morning......



If you are a duck. We have been having a nice soft sprinkle since the wee hours of the morning. I just came in from putting out my houseplants for a nice shower. I swear they raise their branches and say ahhhhhh!

I have two items for challenges to share today.

First - Card Patterns Sketch #7. For this card I used the Dutch Bunny stamp from CowTown Stamps.
I love this bunny. The image is so fluffy and soft that it really reminded me of a live soft silky bunny. My daughter Susan had a bunny for a pet a few years ago. His name was Button. Button was shy around me but not around his mama Susan. He would sit in the doorway of the kitchen and thump his foot wanting a cracker. Button was a sweet house pet.Back to the card. I stamped the bunny twice on soft white with Distress Vintage Photo Ink. From the second stamping I cut out the head and ears and layered back in place with a pop dot.
It's hard to see that detail here. But, it looks good. The base card is white, DP ivory and pink print, Prima flower in burgundy and the rest is done with stickers. A little torn edge here and a little distressing there. Done.


Second is Rosie-Dee's challenge "Naturals and Neutrals".




This one was pretty simple but turned out quite nice, I think. It was made using papers and labels from Best Occasions Scrap Pack from Walmart. Everything in the pack is distressed all in the soft beiges, blues, greens and yellows. I really like it. The swirl stamp is from Clear Stamps and a Prima flower to finish.

We all use so many flowers in our card and scrapbook designs that I thought you might be interested in the Hand Made Paper Flower tutorial by Beth at Sunflowers and Dragonflies. What a money saver that is for us. And to be able to custom pick our colors and prints for just the perfect match. And, you can check out my tutorial on How I Make a Newspaper Flower.
at PAMC the blog.

I think I have to go back to Beth's page and check out the Technique Junkie Newsletter Sneak Peak. I just might have to subscribe.

Enjoy
Jeanette

8 comments:

Linda said...

What beautiful cards - I love the torn effect on the bunny card and the story that went along with this post.

In answer to your question on my blog - the recipe came from a magazine and the ingredients were bought individually - hope that helps.

Stef H (GlitterbabeGreetings) said...

Are these ever fantastic! That bunny looks so nice & fuzzy and that flower card is gorgeous! That swirl is beautiful on it!

And thanks for all the great links. Off the see what I'm missing!

Hugs,

Michelle Bertuzzi said...

How wonderful! I love how you added dimension the bunny's head, very artistic!

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Lovely card you've made for the Rosie-Dee's Challenge . Thanks for joining in with us again. Hopefully see you again this Sunday!

Rosie
x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Jeanette, you've done such a beautiful job with the sketch!! I love how you popped out that bunny's head!! Your details are amazing girl!! TFS! :)

whoistracy said...

Very pretty! I love the vintage feel these have. So glad you could join us on CP.

mariemc said...

Both cards are great. Love what you did with the card using the CP sketch. That bunny image is adorable. Thanks for playing along with us.

Beth Norman said...

When I read you put your houseplants out, I had to scroll to see where you live. I'm in Sarnia (1 hr from Detroit) and it is still cool here. Went to the sugar bush today to see the maple syrup being tapped. Mmmmm. Thanks for linking my paper flower tutorial. Glad you liked it.