Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

An Old Circus and a Bit of News


The challenge at Theme Thursday is Circus and/or Clowns. For this challenge I decided to be different and go a whole different route with the circus theme. This is what popped into my head - Circus Maximus and the spectacle of chariot racing and big strapping gladiators.

The base of my 3" x 5" tag is a soft gray distressed with Distress Ink Vintage Photo. The image I found at an internet site on Roman History. The stamp is a foam cube stamp from Michaels. I got 4 nice stamps for $.49. My software program had this neat font that I thought matched pretty good. I also distressed the edges of the tag with scissors.

Now for the news. It's about me of course. Where ever I have posted my St. Patrick's Day card has been replaced with this.....



Yes, Scrapbook News and Review picked one of my cards to be published in this months online magazine. The forum Card Universe that I belong to is part of SNR. Click on "Magazine". There is a small monthly subscription fee but it's a pretty informative magazine and you also have access to all back issues. I hope you check it out.

And, this one is a complete surprise. While making my forum rounds this morning I went to the online Cardmaker Magazine and there I was again. This time in the "Readers Reach Out" section. I've submitted cards for this cause a couple of times. They pick a few of the cards to be showcased each month. My card is the Bluebirds card submitted for the City Lights Home Shelter. What a surprise! I wonder if it will be in the print magazine, too? Can't wait to see.

This seems like a pretty long post to me, but, I want to tell you that yesterday I pulled a wagon full of weeds. I also found out that my bottlebrush didn't freeze. So, I pruned it back to where I saw some new growth sprouting. I have Cannas popping up everywhere, elephant ears are starting to pop up and the red banana tree has two stems about 6" high. Today I should finish the weeding. Then I'll work in the 2 bags of compost that I didn't know that I had and finish off with a little bit of Miracid for my gardenia, elephant ears and lemon tree. Everything should get a nice soak from the rain we are expecting tomorrow.

Enjoy

9 comments:

Mel O'Donnell said...

Congratulations, Jeanette!! That's an honor to be published and you deserve it!

Best to you,
Mel (melsbasket)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOOT! WOOT!! You go GF!!! I'm so happy for you about the publication!! You certainly deserve to be published my friend!!

And your vintage project here is gorgeous!! TFS!! :)

Sandy said...

Congratulations to you.
Your card is stunning.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

OMGoodness! How popular are we getting????? BIG Congrats to you, my friend! That is so totally awesome!

Hugs,

Linda said...

Congratulations Jeanette - well deserved!

I love your interpretation for the 3 x 5 tag - very original.

Good luck with those pesky weeds!

Kelly said...

great card

Lynifyni said...

Different is great!!!! Lynn F.

Janine said...

Congrats....to you!!!

Denise Clark said...

Jeanette, that is awesome news! Congratulations! You must be feeling pretty good! I still have not had the courage to submit cards for publication. I used to write for magazines and I have BAD memories of rejection slips. ;)

Your tag is awesome! I love your different tag and love how you are using computer images. Too cool!