Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

READY SET GO.....

Let the Twinchie challenge begin.

The "Initial Challenge" will be: Use the initial of your first name and create a Twinchie. A Twinchie? you say. Yes, a 1" x 2" small piece of art. That's it. Create a Twinchie using your first initial in some way. Here is mine.

The blue is just for background.

My inspiration came from my Alphabet Book when I was a child. Remember? They would show a big letter and then a picture and name using that letter. The Twinchie is on a 1" x 2" piece of natural colored ripple corrugated paper. The nice color and texture sure don't show up here, but, it's there. I computer generated a "j" and colored it with black sparkle gel pen. The polka dot circles are from a piece of old packaging. The picture of the "jay" is from my Printmaster software. The word "Jay" is computer generated. Layer and done.

Now you try. It's easy and fun. See what Stef has to say about making a small piece of art.

Please leave a comment with your link to your Twinchie or email me a picture by midnight, Sunday, March 29. On Monday the 30th I'll announce a winner, picked by my husband the Randomizer, and send them a nice surprise for participating.

If you have a question just ask.

Enjoy

7 comments:

Linda said...

What a great first challenge and thanks for clarifying what a twinchie is - think I have an idea of what I'm going to do and it might even help me fulfil another challenge - thanks Jeanette.

Linda said...

I've completed my first Twinchie! I loved doing this and can see them becoming very addictive Jeanette.

Denise Clark said...

Jeanette, I love that blue jay!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

How cute!! I love this fun twinchie!! Fun bluejay!! :) TFS!

Lauri said...

Hi! Thanks for the challenge!! I may not have a chance to do this for a few days...but I will definitely make one!

Stef H (GlitterbabeGreetings) said...

Hi Jeanette! Here's my submission for the challenge. Easier than I thought - and loads of fun. HOpe you like it.

S is for Spring!

Hugs,

Sara said...

Hiya!!!! Sorry it took me so long to post, it has been one crazy week!

Here is my twinchie for your challenge:

http://scraphappie.blogspot.com/2009/03/ready-set-twichie.html