Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tea Time

Tea at Hampton Court

Time for Tea is the theme for this weeks Tag You're It challenge and Design Team call. My entry is based on my actual experience of having tea at Hampton Court. Lorne and I visited Hampton Court during our visit to London a few years ago. Hampton Court is a place that I will never forget. To walk in the footsteps of King Henry VIII, I am without words.

We had a lovely tea while we were there. It really wasn't a very fancy set up but it was sure delicious. The tea and scones were really good but give me a dish of clotted cream and I'm a happy girl. I had no idea how good it was going to be with a bit of strawberry jam. If the weather was better in England, I think I could be very happy there.

The tag began with a scan of a postcard that I brought back. A bit of decorative stamping and lace for trim. I used copies of pictures having to do with an English tea and Henry VIII. I distressed everything with some Creamy Brown liquid chalk.

What wonderful memories.

Enjoy

11 comments:

Hilde Larsen aka. Tindaloo said...

Lovely vintage tag! :) It would be really cool to visit such a place - maybe even seeing a ghost! *lol*

Lauri said...

What a wonderful vintage tag! You did a great job capturing the essence of England!

Dawn said...

What a great tag to remember you day by - it sounds like you had a great day out - Love all the images..

thanks for joining us this week

Dawn

Stef H: (Illinois, US) said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful memory. And the scone sounds yummy as does the clotted cream! MMMMMM!

Denise Clark said...

Jeanette, I am so jealous! I wish I could have traveled a bit. Never got the chance though. Who knows? It could still happen. I bet England was incredible! I love this picture! My daughter would love it too. She loves old architecture! She has traveled pretty extensively and general chooses places with architectural appeal for her.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! This one amazing piece of art!! Just love the lacing and the incredible details!! :) TFS!

Linda said...

This tag is great - really pleased you enjoyed your time visiting there.

I love the history of our kings and queens and the medeival times really fascinate me.

In answer to your question of my blog - when I refer to the estate I mean the area of Plymouth that we live in. It's not an estate like as in stately home land - just an area that homes are built.

Carol said...

great take on the theme and what a fun way to remember your day!

Thanks for joining us this week at TYI

Stempelchaotin said...

Oh wow this is fantastic.
Wonderful design. Love them.

Kath said...

wow fabulous tag and great take on the challenge and thanks for joining in the fun this week at TYI
Hugs Kath xxxxxx

margaret said...

Great vintage tag love the idea.xx