Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Daydreaming Fairy

Flutter By Wednesday
Challenge


I have lots of butterfly stamps but hardly any fairies.
This pretty little fairy is a clipart image. She
is stamped on vellum. I used colored pencil and metallic gel pens
for color. The base card is metallic copper with a nice
texture and the background is clouds in beige.
After positioning little miss fairy in the sky, she looked funny
just floating around up there. It was supposed to look like
she was daydreaming on a cloud. Maybe some cotton for
her to dream on would work? I think it worked just fine.
They are hard to see but the there are tiny beads around the
border of the card.

Speaking of butterflies, I have lots of them fluttering by in the
garden. They lite here and there on the blossoms. They make a
beautiful decoration on a flower.
While I was having coffee this morning on the side deck
I looked up and there was a squirrel peaking over the edge of roof watching me.
They play on the deck all of time. I have a huge Hickory tree right there and they have
a built in jungle gym. I guess he was patiently waiting for me
to leave so he could have his play area back.

Enjoy

6 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This is beautiful! Where do you get your "clip art"?

You should be getting your package today or tomorrow!

Hugs,

Empress L said...

I love that!!!

Shannon McGann said...

This is so beautiful! Very ethereal with the clouds!

Danni said...

This is just so dreamy!! What a wonderful job you did!

Beth Norman said...

So beautiful. I love how you embellished--it makes it look just like a piece of heaven!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a very lovely project Jeanette!! Really love your fun clouds!! :)