Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fluttering By on my way to a Stamping Vacation

Flutter By Wednesdays

The challenge this week beside using a butterfly or fairy is to use die cuts or
punches. I had to put my thinking cap on for this one. I don't have
many die cuts or punches. I decided to do the card and worry about
that small detail later. I started with lavender CS for a base and the rest of the
card is pretty much just one sheet of DP. The flower and buttons that I used
as my image came from a corner of the DP. I popped up one side with a
pop dot. I chose another area to cut to size as a panel. The butterflies are fabric trim.
You really can't see it but this card is covered with glitter. Glittered border,
background dots, buttons,flower, leaves and on the butterflies. Small oblong pearl
beads make the butterfly body. To solve the the die cut/punch problem
I punched out 3 hearts from a darker area of the DP and adhered
them to the top right corner and, you got it, applied glitter.
In real life this card just sparkles.

Stamping Vacation



You know I write every one of Denise's challenges on my calender.
I just don't get to do them all. Her blog features something
different every day. One that I did get to do is "Bugs". I started
with a orangey red CS for a base. I did the DP pretty much the
same as on the previous card. The cute little ladybugs are
another of my oldies but goodies. I'm surprised that it has lasted
for all of these years. It's just a very inexpensive foam stamp that's
getting sort of squished. One of the ladybugs is popped up with a pop dot.
I had cut his legs off because thought they wouldn't fly with their
legs hanging out. Would they? It looked so funny that I hand sketched
a set for him on the DP. Cut the flower to fit the edge of the panel. There
is a sheer strip of ribbon at the fold . No glitter this time.

We went to Walmart this morning. The drive to get there was beautiful.
Blue sky, trees in several shades of green, the shoulder blooming in red, yellow and
purple wildflowers and herons in the ponds along the way. I missed
seeing the swans this morning. They usually can be found
floating in the pond by Lowes. It really is beautiful here.

PAMC the blog

Andrea has posted a very interesting tutorial on making a background.
It's so easy but very artsy.

Enjoy.

7 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Oh Jeanette! This is absolutely gorgeous!

Hugs,

Linda said...

At first glance I thought the buttons were real - a very effective card and with all the glittery elements I bet is really does sparkle.

Danni said...

This is a gorgeous card!! Love it!! So very pretty! Thank you for playing along with my challenge!!

Denise Clark said...

Where's the ladybug?

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Jeanette, this is truely gorgeous hun!! I love the colors first of all, but wowzer!!

Tracy said...

WOW! This is so pretty and elegant!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Did I miss this ladybug card the first time?!! That is so darn cute!! :) Love it!!!