Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Having a Hot Time in Myrtle Beach

You might have heard that we are having a fire here in our area. Fortunately, it is several miles to the North and on the opposite side of the waterway from us. But, unfortunately, several homes have been lost or damaged. We were in town this morning and the smokey skies are so much worse up there. They are saying it is 50% contained at this time. But, contrary to what the national news is reporting Myrtle Beach is still open for business.

Paper Arts Mingles & Challenges Group and Blog
has posted Challenge #8 "Inspirational Flourishes"
hosted by Sara.

Here is my DT sample


My inspirational flourish is used as leaves for a blossom. I used one flower from a
floral bush and divided it into 2 blossoms. The decorative corners are done
with a corner punch and backed with this wonderful glitter paper. I received
several samples from Sheri a stamping friend of mine from Cardmaker.
We both like sparkle and glitter. I really appreciate her thinking of me. Of course,
I've already placed an order with Joanne's. They also carry glimmer chalk, I ordered
some of that also. I'm just going to sparkle. The inspirational sayings are from
another one of those $1 mini stamp sets from Michaels. We would all be happy
to have you join us in this challenge.

Rosie-Dees Challenge for this Sunday
is St. George the Dragon Slayer.



The main image is from a copy of a poster of St. George slaying the dragon.
I distressed the edges with my scissors and an emory board.
I layered it on to a piece of mat from my
Once Upon a Time stack and the blue is part of another mat. The coins are
from an unknown stamp in my collection.

I'll be seeing you tomorrow the 25th for our
DogGoneStamps Blog Walk.

Enjoy










7 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Jeanette!! So glad to know that you are out of harms way. I feel bad for those who've lost their homes! Your first card is so pretty with those colors and flowers!! And I really love that dragon slayer theme!! Very cool!! ;) TFS! Have a great weekend!

Deanne said...

wow jeanette, thats a beautiful st george day card, thank you for joining in :) xx

Linda said...

Great cards - really like the St Georges image.

Hope the fire remains contained and there isn't too much more damage done to the area. Take care.

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Great St George's card Jeanette. Thanks for playing along and hope you and yours remain safe in the fires.

x

Will Campbell... said...

Just read about the fires and had to check in. Relieved that you and Lorne are safe!

Janine said...

Just lovely Jeannette!! Have a lovely weekend.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

How sad on those fires but glad to know you're out of harms way.

These are fabulous. I love the swirls as leaves. Totally awesome!

Hugs,