Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, April 17, 2009

If It Blooms, Bookmark It.

Gee, I'm so corny sometimes!
My blog title refers to making a bookmark and a floral themed card.

We'll begin with the Floral Card.


I really like how this one turned out. I'm glad because it is being submitted
to three different challenges.

Rosie-Dees challenge "Blooms"
Cute Card Thursday challenge "Floral Fantasy"
My Sketch World Kim's "3 in 1" challenge
Kim's challenge was to use two of these three items. Cosmo Cricket
paper, a black card base, handmade embellishment.
Well, I have 2 of the 3, I don't have any Cosmo Cricket paper.
What kind of stamper am I anyway? No Cosmo Cricket!

The paper for the panel is from one of those scrap bundles that you
can buy. I think mine came from AC Moore Craft Store. They are featuring
a sale and free shipping at their online store until April 30th.
My flower embellishment is a variation on an earlier version of a
hand made newspaper flower. I've distressed it with
a reddish ink to match, assembled it and used an old
earring for a center. Silver metallic gel pen outlines the panel and
areas of the design are also highlighted with the gel pen.

A Child's Dotty Froggy Bookmark

A challenge from Mel on the Cardmaker Forum. Her blog is
called Mels Basket of Blessings.
She does beautiful work and has some great tutorials.


My bookmark must be for an older child. It looks a tad grown up
to me. I used chip board accents, Teal Green ink for the stamp and
frog image. The black dots are done with a pencil eraser and the
others are Green Glitter Gel Pen. To keep them even I lined up
a ruler. They turned out much more evenly spaced and straight.


And why don't you click on over to
Paper Arts Mingles & Challenges blog look at
the DT samples for this week's "Wings" challenge.
And, if you scroll down the page a bit you will find a few tips
that I posted this morning.

JUST A NOTE: I would really like it if more people left comments. And, thank you to all that do comment on this blog. I love reading them. And, then I can visit your blog. I like doing that, too.

Enjoy















7 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

WOW Jeanette. These are fabulous. I just love that flower one!

Hugs,

Janet said...

Hey Jeanette - these are beautiful. I love the flower on the card. Great job on these challenges !!!

Linda said...

Really like the paper flower on this card - well done on making it qualify for 3 challenges.

The book mark is gorgeous and will make a great little gift.

Rosie (Freycob) said...

That paper bloom is FAB Jeanette!

Thanks for joining in with us this week!

See you tomorrow(?)

x

Deanne said...

thats certainly blooming xx thanks for joining in jeanette :)

Denise Clark said...

I'm glad you're corny cuz I am too!

Your first card is all YOU! That's what I'm talking about, Jeanette. That style. Wish I had it!

Love the book mark. I am a major reader. My friend Grace sent me a homemade bookmark a long time ago. It is now torn at all the edges and pretty raggedy. She has sent me another, but I love this one and just can't part with it. Guess it will have to fall completely apart!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Just love that flower!! So gorgeous!! The book mark is just darling too!! ;)