Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, April 13, 2009

I'm Getting A Late Start Today.....


I hope everyone had a lovely Easter. I did, it was quiet and relaxing. If you can call Lorne banging around in his bathroom putting in his new shower quiet. It is really going to be nice when he's finished.

I also heard from Bob and Bruce our very good friends from our old neighborhood. I haven't talked to them in
quite awhile so it was a real treat to hear from them. They were spending Easter weekend taking a short trip in the motorhome.

This is a card that I did for the Inspirational Card Sketches. The stamp is from Fairiesong and the butterfly is an old stamp from some forgotten set. I've used it many, many times. Sometimes it is just the perfect accent. This butterfly is stamped in Distressed Ink Tea Dye on a scrap of designer paper. There is no coloring involved. The rest of the card is also from one of those wonderful mat stacks. As you can see there is more distressing.

My daughter is moving right along with her remodeling project. This is a picture of the new Master Bedroom.




The heating and a/c system is being started today. She says 5 to 7 more weeks. I bet she'll be glad. They are all but camping out down there.

This a picture of Ranger and Shadow seeing what's going on. I can't identify the cats.


5 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a beautiful card Jeanette!! I love the colors and you did such a fab job on the sketch!! :) The house is coming along nicely!! Can't wait to see when it's done!!

scrapnnMO said...

OH my words Jeanette its absolutely breathtaking. Love the vintage look. Great job on using the sketch. Thank yor from the bottom of my heart for playing with ICS! :)
♥Dawn♥

Terrie B x said...

Janet this is just sooo `beautiful`...
Thankyou sooo much for joining in with ICS this week..
Have a lovely week:)♥

Andrea said...

I love the distressing Jeanette! So glad you had a nice Easter weekend :) The pups & cat are too cute :)

{hugs}
Ande

jonaks said...

such a beautiful card. thanks for playing with ICS this week.