Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's Either Black or White


Today is all black and white. It is one of my
favorite color combinations. Although I usually
use one more color as an accent

This is for Krista's "Card Stamp Challenge" at My Sketch World forum.
The challenge is to use a stamp to make our own background
paper. And for the "Lot's to Do" challenge which anything black and white.
I used a stamp called Umi by CowTown Stamps.
I stamped at an angle across the card base in black.
The pretty silhouette is clip art from Dover Publications. I have 4 to choose
from and I picked this one because the flowers on her hat are the
closest match to the Umi blossom. In my software program I resized
the image and put it inside of an oval. The embellishment is a
scrap of netting tied with black thread and more Umi blossoms.
One black and white finished 2 more to go.

The second card will be sent to Cards For Heros for their call for
Father's Day cards. I will be adding a batch of misc. cards along with
the Father's Day ones. They are in need of cards for any occasion and
put out a special call them.

This isn't really black and white. I fudged and the card is done
in black, gray and silver. The silver shirt is from a set of stickers. The silver strips
and dots are leftovers from the shirt. The panel is pale gray with
black stripes. "dad" is stamped in black with my ancient
Stampin Up alphabet set.

My black and white Inchie is for a swap that I'm in.
The Umi blossom is from my first try at stamping a background
for the first card. I grabbed it back from the scrap pile. The white
base of the inchie is stamped in
an all over swirl pattern. I did the stamping before cutting the
card stock into 1" squares. The silver leaves are cut from
a strip of ribbon. And a clear crystal gem is the flower center.

Enjoy

13 comments:

crafty creations said...

jeanette these cards are awesome - Love the top one - so elegant - thanks for joining the Lotstodo Challenge and letting us come see your beautiful work

x Hilda

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Beautiful cards, Jeanette...gorgeous artwork. Love the silouette image, I have a set of them from another vendor and they have always been a favorite. Love the vintage look you have achieved and the frame is wonderful.

Ang C said...

beautiful cards and the inchie is so sweet

Terrie B x said...

Fabulous cards Jeanette...Love black and white very `classy`...
Love your inchie!!!Gorgeous..TFS
Have a lovely Sunday:)♥

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Whoa girlfriend! These are awesome!

Hugs,

Laurel from CowTown Stamps said...

cool b/w cards Jeanette!

Jenny Gropp said...

Love the "ribbon leaves". Both cards are so striking!

cmoh said...

I thought your black and white inchie was a close up of the flowers on your top card...Wow! You really are a pro with solid black and white. I too normally itch to add an additional color.

Your Woman silouet (sp?) is lovely! So regal.

sam21ski said...

They are all lovely Jeanette

Thanks for joining in with us this weekon the Lotstodo Challenge - Sam xxx

Ellen said...

love the background on your first card and that inchie is wonderful

Karen Valentine said...

Oooh. I love the silouette. So pretty. Great job!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

These are so gorgeous!! I just love the black and white classy look about these creations!! You've been one busy gal!!

mommabear said...

your cards are fabulous Jeanette