Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The More the Merrier....

That is the name of a new challenge blog that originates from the United Kingdom. I can't believe I've met another person from South Carolina, Janet. Gee, our names are even similar. They have an unusual prize here. Popular vote determines the favorite and that person gets to post the next challenge. I thought that was interesting.

The first challenge is - Theme Birthday - Use no more than 4 colors including base card - At least 1 stamp and one embellishment, no ribbon. I think I got that covered. I used the current sketch at Card Patterns. So a two-fer.



I love the soft colors of the checkered paper. I decided black and white would work well. The cute dog, bone and paw prints are from one of those clear stamp packages that you find in the craft stores. The sentiment is from another $1 set.

Next is a card for the Sketch Saturday challenge. I like this card very much.



And, best of all the stamp came in an order as a freebie. I had already stamped this image to find out what it was. I decided to use it instead of tossing it (the stamped image not the stamp). The color is Yellow Cadmium Liquid Chalk by Color Box. I found compatible designer paper and layered according to the sketch. A sentiment, sheer ribbon and crystals completes the card.

I think that's it for today. Tomorrow I'll be hosting the challenge for Paper Arts Mingles and Challenges. Stay tuned.

Enjoy.

9 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Adorable creations Jeanette!! I really love the puppy dog one with all those circles!! :)

Janet said...

Hey Jeanette - it's your next door neighbor :) Isn't it so neat that we found each other via a group of wonderful ladies from the UK? I just LOVE them. Your "More the Merrier" challenge card is so cute (I just love the puppy) - I have been bad in that I haven't done mine yet, but I have about 30 things I have to do this weekend and that is at the top of the list. I also like the other one you did - the color of the stamped image is beautiful. I can't wait to see the challenge you have in store for tomorrow. Talk to you soon.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Fantastic cards! I love the dog! Great job. You are one busy lady and getting really good and combos too!

Hugs,

whoistracy said...

Adorable Jeanette!! Love that little dog. He just makes me smile.

So glad you could play along again.

Sandra said...

Great cards... looks like you have been really busy. Great interpretation of the sketch over on Sketch Saturday.
Hugs
Sandra xx

Denise Clark said...

Love both cards. Being a new dog owner, that first one catches my eye! I love that checkered paper myself. Great layout too.

The card with the woman reading screams "THIS IS JEANETTE'S CREATION!!" This is what I was talking about, Jeanette. Style. You have it. This card definitely shows it! Love it!

Hilde Larsen aka. Tindaloo said...

such sweet cards and I love the colors in yellow! :)

Michelle Bertuzzi said...

These cards are so adorable Jeanette! That puppy is adorable! Lovely take on the sketch

Jo said...

Hi Jeanette, great card for the 'more the merrier' challenge!

Jo :)