Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

A New Challenge

Today was my turn to host the weekly
Paper Arts Mingles & Challenges
challenge for the week.

I chose the challenge of WINGS



This is my sample.
The image is clip art and the beautiful back ground paper is
another piece from my mat stack from Big Lots. I just saw something
similar listed on another site and it was on sale for $15.95. I paid $3.
It doesn't show well but I used glitter on the wings and
added a little more glitter to the paper. The lavender
crystals are self stick.

You are invited to join the group and play with us.
Put those wings on and fly over to PAMC right now.

I haven't done a DogGoneStamps card in quite a bit now. So here is
one using their new stamp Martini Girl.


Isn't she a doll. I kept this simple but wanted to use a vibrant
color. What is more vibrant than red. The image is colored with
glitter gel pen. I layered the image
on a panel of black and then onto a red base over a piece of self stick ribbon.
The olives are clip art. The tooth picks are a very high tech tool that I use
in my stamping. Really, they come in handy.
I used Crystal Lacquer to give the glass dimension.
Cheers.

And, now my Twinchie for
Small World of Inchies & Twinchies

This week's theme is Easter. I couldn't resist using the cute bunny ears and Easter
egg from CowTown stamps
just one more time. I had so much fun designing cards around those darn
bunny ears. It's funny when I first received them I wondered
what am I going to do with these. Well, I found lots to do
with them and so did the other girls on the Design Team. They were
really fun.
This was really easy to make just green ink embossed with clear EP and layered on
a piece of printed paper. The green grass, use your imagination, is
trimmed from an artificial floral bush then the untidy ends
are hidden by ribbon. That was the hardest part of making this,
finding the right ribbon to use. I really wanted a teal
green but I don't have any in my stash.


I'll be on the PAMC blog
tomorrow posting a Tips and Technique for everyone.
See ya there.

Enjoy


5 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Beautiful creations Jeanette!! :) Love the olives you've made and your little twinchie is adorable!!

Janine said...

WOW!! You have been busy!! Love your twinchie!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Holy Cow Jeanette! These are gorgeous! I love the martini girl, but Ilove the other 2 also! WOW!

Hugs,

Denise Clark said...

Love the lady and the olives! Great idea and combo of images! Love the vibrant red. Perfert for this!

Nancy Dooren aka Nans said...

I love them!!!! great job!!!