Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, April 20, 2009

One Background paper - Two looks and Remodel Update

I have a collection of these 6" squares of designer paper that I
use quite often. I usually buy them in a bundle as scraps. I've found
them to be quite useful to have in my DP collection.

I do have a problem with all of this beautiful paper. How
to store it! If you would like to share your storage
solution with me, please leave a comment. I'd really love
to see how you store yours.



This is the current sketch from
Inspirational Card Sketches

And this is my card

This card is done with a vintage flair using stickers. I even
knocked down the shine by rubbing an ink pad over the ribbon.



This is the second card

I submitted this card to the RubberStampChat forum
for their April Sketch Challenge.

As you can see I used the same color base card and the same antique map as the
background. I just noticed that the sketches are similar. The darling Doxie stamps
are from CowTown Stamps. If you like Doxies this is the place to go for
stamps. Laurel has pages of the them.
It turned out that I even used similar themes for them. The first card
I call Travels and the Doxie card is Doxie on Vacation.
Uhm, lots of similarities here and I didn't even realize it until
I posted them.

Here is a helpful link for you. 1st floorflatcomputery
is full of easy to understand information on computers and how
to protect yourself. There are also links to hers and many
other interesting pages showing collage art.


Remodel Update
Susan is having this new central air and heat installed in her home. Since it is a house built
in the early 1900s, she has to be creative with where the duct work is going to go. This duct is in her master bedroom closet. She says it's almost all installed.

5 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW! Such a lovely take on the sketch!! Too fun!! ;) But I REALLY love your fun doxie card!! That's so sweet!!

Tricia said...

great take on the sketch at ICS! I love the antique feel!

scrapnnMO said...

Oh my goodness Jeanette your vintage card is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love it and thank you for playing along! :)
♥Dawn♥

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

OMGoodness, girlfriend. These are absolutely gorgeous. I love that vintage look!

Hugs,

Terrie B x said...

Love your Vintage card ...such a beautiful creation..
`Thanks` for joining in with I-C-S this week...:)♥