Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

oooooh! I Like Working with Black


One Powerful Hour's challenge this week is "starting with a black background". I did a black ATC with the images stamped in white and embossed in white. I didn't even get too many white specks on the background. Those little bags that you rub over your surface work pretty good. I used a star burst punch to make a stylized moon. I live at the beach and that is what this ATC represents. I hope.

Just for fun here is the reverse using a white background. I think I like the black better.

For a little more fun. Here are a couple of beach pictures for you. These were taken in Hungtington State Park very near where I live. I buy a season pass for $25 and use it to explore their beautiful park any time that I want.
















I like this picture of the stump. Brilliantly sunny day at the beach.

Enjoy.

5 comments:

Linda said...

I like the dramatic look that black and white give - great ATC.

Love the pictures it must be great exploring along the coastline.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Yep. I agree. The black one - much nicer. The white is good, but the black is great! Lovely beach pictures too.

Hugs,

Ed said...

Love this one - simple yet dramatic. I actually enjoyed this challenge too ....and I also prefer the white on black background card ..

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Very sharp looking with the black for sure!! I love it!! Your beach pictures are soooo gorgeous!! I want to go!! :) TFS!

cmoh said...

I love this card! I think what I like most is how you made it in white also, it really adds to the dramatic effect that a black background can add!

Great idea!

Thanks for taking the challenge.