Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Remembering Pamela

This is for the Lots to Do challenge
"It's All in a Name"


We were to use a name in our creation.

This is an altered CD using a cropped picture of my kitty Pamela.
Pamela lived with us for 17 years before she passed away.
She was the dearest cat. Very sweet but very shy of anyone
but me. This is from a favorite picture of her that hangs in my kitchen.


I had just bought a huge palm for the living room and had dismantled the
artificial ficus to make room for the live plant. Pamela had
made herself a cozy nest in the chair with the branches.

For an old lady she lead an adventurous life in her later years.
In 2004 we bought our RV and toured the United States and Canada.
We were full timers during that time. And, Pamela went along
for the ride. She was a good little traveler.

10 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

What a fabulous memory! I love altering CD's. It's about the only thing (other than ... maybe... notebooks) that I DO alter!

Anyway, this is stunning!

Hugs,

Jill said...

Aww what a cute kitty,

Ed said...

This is beautiful, what an original idea - and your photo is just perfect ...
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. xx

Denise Clark said...

Jeanette, what a wonderful story and memory! Your Pamela was a beautiful girl! I love the photo. You've done a wonderful job of preserving her memory!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a beautiful project Jeanette!! Love your idea here to preserve Pamela's memory!! So precious!

Linda said...

What a lovely way to preserve the picture of your dear cat Pamela.

Ang C said...

a gorgeous altered cd and a lovely way to remember your kitty too

sam21ski said...

What lovely memories you have of your kitty, I for one know what it's like to lose a dear friend

Thanks for joining in with this weeks Lotstodo Challenge with your wonderful CD of Pamela - Sam xxx

Empress L said...

how perfect.

mommabear said...

It is a beautiful memory the cat is so cute