Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Small Creations


The Small World of Inchies & Twinchies
This week's challenge
"Good Luck"



The image is from
The Graphics Fairy

I printed it after I added the caption "Lucky in Love" . By mistake I printed it on light gray
instead of light beige. I added more beige by distressing it with Distress
Vintage Photo ink. I highlighted the flowers with pink colored pencil and attached
a paper rose blossom. Looking at it now, I guess I should have lightened the
image some.

One Powerful Hour
Theme "Circles"

This one had me stumped for awhile. I browsed through my stamps and I
could find very few circles to build the theme around. Think....Think....
Ahhhh Ha!. Rember back in the 70s when Coke came out with
their very popular song "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing"?
That' s what I decided on for my circle theme and I could use
my world stamp from Auntie Amy. I added some color to it with colored pencils.
I cannot find where I got the group of people. I have to keep better track
of these things. The caption is computer generated. The people and
caption were printed on DP. I had left a space for the globe to be stamped.
A little edging done with black pigment ink and done.

I must admit it took me a couple of days to come up with something.
But, when I started making the project I finished and cleaned up
in the hour per the challenge instructions. I like this challenge blog
very much. So much that I answered her call to be a Guest Designer while
she is in the process of relocating. I didn't think it would happen because
she really didn't know me (I had yet to do a challenge). But, after checking out my blog, I
was accepted and assigned a slot in the rotation. I'm happy to say that I
will be posting my OPH challenge on May 14th. Yay!!!

Later today I will be posting the Winner of Challenge #7 at
Paper Arts Mingles & Challenges both on the web page and the blog.
Sara will be hosting Challenge #8 to be posted on Thursday.
You are all invited to participate.

Enjoy

8 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

I love these! They are superb! I love that silhouette people image and the vintage. Oh heck, the whole thing is fabulous!

Good show on guest designer. You'll rock it!

Hugs,

Denise Clark said...

Congratulations, Jeanette! Wow! You are going to be busy!

Love these two cards! So you! Wonderful! Love the vintage feel of both!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Yeah!! Congrats to you hun!! You're super talented and I'm sure they'll love having you!! :) Both of your creations are stunning. It amazes me how delicate you can make such a small piece look!! WTG girl!! :) TFS!

Andrea said...

I LOVE the World Sings Card! Very creative! You did a great job with these! and WTG on the Design Team... you will be brilliant! TFS!

cmoh said...

Jeanette...I absolutely love your "circle" piece! I think you should e-mail it to coke! The colors are wonderful and the entire concept comes together so well!

your lucky twiniche (sp?) is gorgious, romantic and so well put together!

Thanks for taking the challenge, and looking forward to your OPH GD piece!

José said...

Beautiful!

missy k said...

great work.... love the image on the good luck twinchie

Nancy Dooren aka Nans said...

Just beautiful!!! Love the colors you used!!!