Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"All Tore Up"

That is the title Lora gave to the challenge
that she hosted at Cardmakers
last week.

For this this card I started with a white base card. I just bought a pad of
Yellow Shadow Ink from Hero Arts and decided to try to
liven up the white. I opened the container, YUK! What a
strange color of yellow. What a surprise. It is beautiful swiped on
the white cardstock. I've got to see if it comes in more colors.
I next found a piece of heavier mulberry paper in a mix
of greens and blues. I applied it in a what I hope is a
stylized version of grass and sky. The butterfly and leaves
are torn from a scrap of designer paper. I swiped some
of my shadow ink across the leaves. It really gave them
more depth.

This week Teresa has challenged us to use
embossed foil (aluminum) as demonstrated on
StampTv.

Late this afternoon I'm going to a book signing and talk
by Cokie Roberts. I'm really looking forward to meeting her.
Our local book store Litchfield Books sponsors these
wonderful presentations. They have brought Nicholas
Sparks, Nora Roberts, Paula Dean in the recent
past. I also attended the Nicolas Sparks book
signing. He really gave an entertaining talk.


8 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Wowzer, Jeanette! This is gorgeous! I love the mulberry pieces arranged just right! Brilliant!
I'm going to love working with you on the SF team!!
Blessings, Maria

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Oh I love Nicholas Sparks and Nora Roberts! Lucky you!

And I love this card. It is just fantastic. That mulberry is perfect for the grass & sky and the butterfly is stunning.

Hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Gorgeous creation Jeanette!! Love the way you've created your BG!! :) Love the elements of nature on this!!

Denise Clark said...

Jeanette, I LOVE to read. What are you reading right now? I'm actually reading two books. One is called Merle and is a story as well as a how to type book. It's about communicating better with your dog.

The other is A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving. He is my daughters very favorite author and she loaned me the book. We don't usually read the same things but this book is pretty good so far!

Love the uniqueness of this card! Wonderful

MrsETaylor said...

Thanks so much Jeanette for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I truly appreciate it. And thank you for the kind words *hugs*

Holly said...

This is gorgeous! Beautiful way you've laid everything out!

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Jeanette and congratulations, you won More the Merrier Card Challenge 2. Well done and I look forward to receiving your challenge by 1st of June please for no. 3.

Congratulations once again

Karen

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.