Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Auntie Amy Sketch challenge

A new monthly feature at RubberStampChat forum
is a sketch challenge. This month the sponsor and challenger
is Auntie Amy Stamps. Auntie Amy is offering some
fantastic prizes to the winner. You have until
the end of May to participate.

This is the sketch

Now, look at those angles. You will notice the triangles are not even.
What to do. Do I have to do lots of math, do I just wing it and hope for
the best? I can't believe how long it took me to come up with a
solution. I put the pattern in my image program, resized to a 5" x 7" and printed
it. Now it was just a matter of cutting the pattern, tracing around the
pieces on to card stock or designer papers of my choice. Cut those and
piece on to a base card. It was sooooo easy.

Here is the finished card.

The stamp that I used is "Greece" from Auntie Amy but any
stamp will do. You just have a chance to win more by using
her stamps. I really wished that I had matched
up the stamping ink better to the overall color of the
card. But, this is at least my third try matching and
decided that wasn't too bad with a touch of
charcoal ink tapped onto the ochre. I was trying
to duplicate a scene that I saw on TV of a hillside
Greek village that shimmered in gold. It was
beautiful.

Well, we just got over the Harley Davidson Rally week here in Myrtle Beach and now the
Memorial Day Rally Bikers are here over the long weekend. Thank goodness they hardly come
this far south. During the Harley Rally we heard the steady drone of motorcycles going down
the highway almost 24/7 for 10 days. We are a ways from Hwy 17 but it was always in the background. I will say this much, Harleys are beautiful bikes and some of the get ups the bikers wear are very creative.


7 comments:

Linda said...

I really like how you have completed this sketch challenge - well done on getting those triangles done!

A big thank you for the lovely card that dropped through my door this morning - it was such a pleasant surprise.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

This is beautiful Jeanette!! I love the papers and your take on the sketch is very lovely!! :) TFS!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This is gorgeous! I love the yellow and I'm not a big fan of yellow. But you make it pretty!

Harleys are the ONLY true bikes! IMO!

Hugs,

Scrubbysue said...

Beautiful!! hi jeanette! my name is sue and I look forward to working with you on the Squigglefly DT!!

Empress L said...

I LOVE that sketch... I can totally see a layout out of that... thank Auntie Amy for inspiring me to do a page!!

Denise Clark said...

Great take on the sketch challenge. I LOVE that image. My daughter would love it too!

I don't know the appeal of Harleys to motorcycle enthusiasts. They are so loud! I have a Honda Rebel and I love it. I can drive down country roads and the farm dogs don't know I'm coming until I'm almost past them. With a Harley, they hear you and they come after you!

rscowtown said...

i see a CowTown Stamp on there :) thanks! awesome card!