Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Challenging News


Several news items today

It is my pleasure to be part of MyGrafico as a member of
MyGrafico Challenges Guest Designer Design Team. I will be
part of that team until June. I really look forward to supplying
a sample for the weekly challenges.
Our first challenge will be posted this coming Sunday, May 17.
Join in and enjoy the fun of working with digital stamps.
To get you started they offer quite a nice selection of freebies.
I will have all of the DT members listed, with links, in my sidebar later today.
See ya there on Sunday.

Starting today
I'm guest hostess at One Powerful Hour challenge blog for a week.
Stop in and participate in my "On Vacation" challenge.
I'd like to see what you have planned for this summer.


My next bit of news is
RubberStampChat is hosting its Annual Spring Virtual Convention.
Attending this convention is very convenient. Just sign in
at RSC click on Virtual Convention and visit 20 vendors. All will
be featuring a very nice discount or free shipping or BOTH. You
don't even have to get out of your jammies.
Convention dates May 14th - May 19th

Sunflowers and Dragonflies

Beth has posted a very interesting technique for fixing up some
of those designer papers that you don't like that much after
bringing them home. It's quick and easy and the end result is really nice.
While you are there Beth has lots of interesting posts on her blog.
She is a contributor to Technique Junkies Newsletter. So you can
learn a lot from her.

Now for the "challenging part".
The Small World of Inchies & Twinchies
posted a "Swirl" challenge for us this week.

For my entry I chose a DP with a small floral pattern. I wanted to use one
of the new stamps that my daughter gave me for Mother's Day.
I had seen where a swirl was used as a stem for a flower. I decided to
try that. After embossing the swirl on the stem of the flower with
gold I cut it out and applied it to a Twinchie sized piece of the
same DP with pop dots. To dress it up a bit I added metallic gold floss.
Thanks Susan for the great Swirl Stamp Set.

I think that is all of my news for today.

Enjoy

6 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

WOW! You should have your own news channel! How super! You are one popular lady!

This is beautiful. I love swirls!

Hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Yeah!!! You go girl!! I will be trying to create something for your vacation theme!! :)

Your creation here is so super sweet!! I love all the delicate bling you add!! TFS!

Beth Norman said...

What a lovely tw(inchie). The thread adds a very interesting, and appealing, flourish to your lovely piece. I also like how the flower overflows the actual inchie. I'm heading over to see what the images are all about. Thanks for the toot!

Hugs,

Beth

Sara said...

YAY! Great to have you with us Jeanette :)

xoxo
Sara

Nancy Dooren aka Nans said...

Beautiful!!!

Jessica said...

Hey! I'm in SC too! N Charleston. I love your blog, your work! Thanks for sharing!