Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Conversation with Cokie Roberts



I had a wonderful time visiting with Cokie Roberts. In fact, it wasn't so
crowded that I really did get to "visit" with her. She is very
friendly and charming.
We were all entertained with stories of her family. I knew
that she lived in the home where she grew up in Washington DC but
I also found out that her mother still lives in the family home
in New Orleans right on Bourbon Street. Cokie said, "if you've
been to Bourbon Street you've been to moms.
I've always admired Cokie and watched her and Sam Donaldson
co-anchor "This Week" for years. I asked her about Sam and
she said he is doing fine and appears on the show occasionally. She
does also but I don't watch the program much anymore.
While waiting for the program to start, I read some of her book
"We Are Our Mothers' Daughters". I'm really enjoying it. When I've
finished it I'll be sending it to my mom to read.

I also found out that her journalist husband, Steve, will be appearing
for a book signing in the fall. Guess who'll be there!!!

4 comments:

Linda said...

So glad you had a wonderful time meeting Cokie - enjoy the book.

Janet said...

Oh, that sounds like a wonderful time. I like her as well.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

What a super memory you just made! ANd thanks for sharing the pictures.

Hugs,

Denise Clark said...

How wonderful! I would love to read her book about mothers and daughters...a subject I've always found so interesting! Terrific that you actually got to talk with her and got a autographed copy of the book! Terrific!