Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Glitter and Shine

Yes, we are talking Holiday's here.
At the SNR Card Universe Anne House
has started a brand new challenge. She wants
us to get a head start on our Christmas cards. So, she
is posting a weekly challenge for this new group.


This week the challenge is to use non-traditional colors, bling and ribbon.
I used my software program to make the blended background and the sentiment.
The tree stamp is Canadian Maple Collection. I isolated the star and stamped
it 3 more times and attached a blue bow. I glittered the tree and stars.
There, unusual Christmas colors, crystal bling and ribbon bow.



A few weeks ago Cardmaker forum started a Weekly Challenge
with rotating hostesses. This week is my week. On Monday I posted
the challenge "Trash to Treasure". Recycle, reuse, repurpose something in
a card. For a sample I posted this card made with a used dryer sheet splotched
with watercolor. There is gold candy wrapper punched with a decorative
punch and an image cut from a scrap of designer paper. I also applied
a liberal amount of glitter to everything.


Lots to Do
Stripes or Lines challenge


This is also part of "Trash to Treasure" challenge. Beside being made from
scrap pieces of DP I made an aluminum flower as part of the "Trash".
I traced a pattern of a flower and cut out 2 pieces, crumpled then smoothed
them, swiped a little red permanent ink over the petals assembled and
adhered it to the card. My "Treasure" is complete.

There have been some really creative cards posted for the challenge.
Among them you will find one that uses fabric and another uses pieces of security envelopes.
They are worth a look. You might even want to join in.


Just a reminder, that at midnight the "April Shower Bring May Flowers"
challenge will be over. There is still time to submit something at
Paper Arts Mingles & Challenges blog or PCP forum group.

Enjoy


11 comments:

scrapnnMO said...

WOW your cards are all absolutely amazing! Great job! Have a lovely day! :)
♥Dawn♥

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

You have been one busy bee!! These are all gorgeous creations!! I especially love the last creation! Beautiful designs!! :) TFS!

Jacilynn said...

Soo Beautiful. Great cards

Linda said...

Well done on getting the first of the Christmas challenges done on SNR - hoping to get mine done soon. I love your take on it.

Also like what you've done with the trash challenge.

By the way, not sure if it was entered in time but I did an entry for PAMC - love the theme.

Martha said...

congrats on making the guest design team for my grafico :)
gonna be fun ;)

sam21ski said...

WOW what a busy bee you've been

Lovely cards

Thanks for joining in with this weeks Lotstodo Challenge and glad that you got to use your favourite colour combo - Sam xxx

Ang C said...

Fantastic pieces

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Well you are one busy lady. It's a good thing I'm not judging any of these because it would NOT BE EASY! They are all fabulous.

I don't know how to use my computer for anything other than typing & blogging! It's like I'm afraid to check things out. What am I thinking?

Hugs,

StampinSher said...

What you create is splendid with such elegance to everything you create. Your trash is another one's treasure and making me think what I can come up with in my trash! Thank you for sharing! You do inspire me to create.

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi, great work - love the Christmas card

K x

Denise Clark said...

Jeanette, I love the nontraditional colors you used for the Christmas card! Wonderful!

The trash to treasure cards are BOTH magnificent! Love it! The first one is my fav. The dryer sheets look great! Love the colors!