Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I've Got a Treat for You Today

Last week on the Cardmakers forum
I hosted a weekly challenge. Well, from the looks
of all of the cards submitted, I didn't challenge them at all.
In fact, I chose 2 winners.
The theme was "Trash to Treasure"


This is Jane's lovely fabric card. I love the colors and the detail
of this card. The fabric flower is beautiful and that pretty
piece of lace, that's hem tape.

This is Terrie's great Iris fold balloon card.
The balloon is made from 2 discarded security envelopes. The basket
is from a scrap of wallpaper. And, get this, the clouds are
paint chips. I think this is terrific.

If you want to see all of the entries log in to Cardmakers forum
scroll down to Weekly Challenges enter and click
on Trash to Treasure.

There is a new one being hosted by Lora
called "All Tore Up".

Here are a couple of new links for you.
Scrapbook & Crafting Friends

Weekend Crafter Challenge Blog
This week they are supplying images from
MyGrafico to use for the challenge. Better hurry
though a new challenge will be posted on Friday.

Enjoy

3 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! These are beautiful!! So amazing!! Treasures they are!! ;)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

It would have been hard for me to choose too. These are wonderful and I so love that you share them with us.

This is like shopping here. All those great links you give us!

Hugs,

Denise Clark said...

Both wonderful cards. I love to do iris folding and don't do it enough. I'll have to get a pattern out! The first card is really beautiful. Jane did a wonderful job with it!