Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, May 25, 2009

My First Challenge at Squigglefly


The challenge on the
Squigglefly Blog
this week is a color challenge.
Kim is having us use "Pretty in Pink, Bordering
Blue and Chocolate Chip".
Oh, why is my first challenge a color challenge?
They are sometimes difficult for me but they also
make me stretch and see beyond my normal color range.

For this card I used Squigglefly image "Smelling Sweet".
The coloring is done with markers on SU Whisper White card stock.
I didn't have a background paper the appropriate colors so
I made my own on my image software program. I wish now
that I would have chosen to make something a tad more
feminine. Maybe the flowers and buttons help.

I have a partial listing of the Squigglefly DT in my sidebar.
Very soon that will be all updated with the complete
DT names and blogs links.

But for now visit the Squigglefly blog
where everyone is listed. Check out the challenge
and give it a try. Under the DT list is a link that
takes you shopping. To get you started they have
freebie images for you to try. Of course, you can do a
little shopping while you're there.


9 comments:

Scrubbysue said...

Very cute! I like this image. She's so sweet! This is my first challenge as well. ;) Nice to get to be on the same DT with ya!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This is gorgeous. But then you always ace these things. You ARE that good! I love it.

Hugs,

Holly said...

Color challenges are difficult for me too, but you've done a fantastic job! I'm super impressed that you made your own papers in the colors you wanted! I like that you have brown in your flowers too.

Jaspere said...

You did a fabulous job on your challenge card. If this is your first I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Sara said...

How cute! That stamp is adorable :)

xoxo
Sara

Kim said...

love how you did this card!!!

Saxo Stamper said...

Morning, just love this and the rest of your work

K x

bumblebee creations said...

This is gorgeous! I think you did awesome making the colors on your background! Glad to have you join us! Rhonda

Christy Dillman said...

Great job on making background, super cute card! Looking forward to working with you on DT.

Hugs,
Christy