Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Talk about Bright

Now this is bright!!!

Oh, it doesn't look quite so bright here. But it is.

This is my entry for
FlutterBy Wednesday
and
One Powerful Hour
" In Flight"

For FlutterBy we had this photo for inspiration.

My inspiration came from the bright orange butterfly.
The images that I used are from my ancient Printmaster software.
I edited the photo by changing the filter to "sunset" and what
did look much like this photo turned bright orange and fuscia
pink. Ahh, my kind of colors.
The butterfly and flower images are highlighted with orange and
bright pink glitter gel pens. The background paper is a freebie insert
from a Somerset Studio magazine.

A note about One Powerful Hour

I will be a Guest Designer for this challenge blog on Thursday
5/14/09. Christine is preparing to make a huge move and
asked for guest designers to fill in for her for awhile.
I contacted her and volunteered. I was surprised when
she accepted my offer because I had never participated in
any of her challenges. I visited the challenge many times but she really didn't
know me from Adam. I thought it
was very nice of her.
Anyway, I'm pleased as punch to be coming up
with this Thursday's challenge. Please stop by OPH and
check out my challenge. I hope that you join in the fun.

At SNR Card Universe they have started a new
challenge group "Holiday Challenges".
It is a Christmas Card weekly challenge. I joined
in to avoid that crunch that I experience every
year when I dally and I end up making Christmas Cards
in a rush. I'm working on my the first challenge right now.
Our challenge is to use non-traditional colors for Christmas, 3 pieces of
bling and one ribbon. The colors of my card are Blue and Pink.
I'll have it finished today.
Isn't this a great way to get a head start on the holidays?


5 comments:

Danni said...

Very nice!! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!

cmoh said...

What a lovely interpretation of the monarch butterfly photo, I really do love the "bright" colors you used, very summery and happy!

thanks for taking part in the challenge

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

This is beautiful Jeanette!! Love the pretty images!! :)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This is great and thanks for joining in the fun at Flutter by Wednesday.

Guest designer! Whoo Hoo.

Hugs,

Ed said...

Love your card, the colours are gorgeous - beautiful stamped images too !!