Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Where did the day go?

I had a dental appointment this morning and I guess it just wiped me out. I had lunch around
noon then stretched out to read a bit. A bit, ha! Almost 4 hours later here I am.

This is the sketch for
Inspirational Card Sketches


And, this is my card.

I wasn't sure that all of this purple was going to work, but, I like it.
All of these papers came from my mat stack from Big Lots. The pretty
bird with swirl is Inkadinkadoo. And the other swirl is from Michaels $1 bin.
The stamping is done in copper pigment ink and highlighted.
with copper gel pen. The sparkles are nail art and the
bit of feather I plucked from a decorative feather fan.

Earlier today we had a quick moving thunderstorm pass through. I think
it went right over our house by the way the house shuddered with
the noise. It is almost summer here and we are starting to
get our unsettled, maybe unsettling, too, weather. Keep your fingers
crossed that we don't have any tropical storms or hurricanes. During our
next stop at Walmart we will be stocking up on any supplies
that we might need to get us through a storm. I try to impress
on Lorne that we need to keep lots of gas in the car also.

Enjoy.

6 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Fabby design Jeanette!! Great take on that sketch!! ;) Love your feathers!! Fun textures!!

Linda said...

It works really well together.

Today just flew by for me too!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This is just lovely!

Hugs,

Terrie B x said...

Your card is sooo `pretty` Jeanette..
I love those flowers..
`Thanks` for joining in with ICS Sketches..:)x

Pearl said...

love the feathers together with the bird !

Denise Clark said...

That paper worked perfectly! Just beautiful, Jeanette! Love the bird and feathers! Such a soft, calming feel so this card! And there's that wonderful Jeanette Style!