Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Won't You Come In and Relax


Just move the cat aside and have a seat.

This is my card for this month's More the Merrier challenge.

"This months challenge has been set jointly by last months winners Jill and Janet.
The theme is "masculine"
White, red, brown, blue and yellow are the colours.
Good luck everyone - entries in by 25th of May please."

And, this is the sketch.

Being typical and not having done many masculine cards. This was a real challenge for me. After looking through everything I have for something "masculine" and that I could us all of the colors required, I found the patchwork background paper and the comfy chair image from AJs Country Stamps. The pillow is a clip from an ad that I recolored. Maybe I made it a bit too bright. The sentiment and banner are computer generated.

The More the Merrier challenge blog is from the UK. Maybe how they used "colour" was a tip.
Janet and I are the only 2 from the US, so far. And, we are both here in South Carolina. She's lives upstate and I'm here on the coast. How about that?

I like this challenge because they don't use the "Randomizer" to pick the winner. We actually get to vote. I know it isn't always practical but I like it that way. And the winner hosts the next challenge. Fun!

Well, I must get busy on my first MyGrafico challenge sample. It will be posted here on Sunday, May 17. If you would like to meet the new DT I have them listed in my sidebar.


Enjoy

3 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This is super and you always have links to such great places! No wonder your work is super. You definitely are not "scared of the unknown". Great job!

Hugs,

Janine said...

Nicely done Jeanette and you are such a sweet person to leave such kind words on my site!!
Thanks!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Fabulous creation Jeanette!! Really love your work with the layout!! :)