Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Baby Birdies


This my new brood. A Carolina Wren decided to build her
nest in my wreath hanging right beside our entrance door.
Yesterday, when going out for the Sunday paper I heard little
bitty peeps. So this morning on my way out to water I took a picture.
It's hard to see in the nest but so
far I've seen 2 mouths open at the same time.



This isn't my mama Wren but a picture off the internet.
Mine looks just like this one. They have the cutest tail that
sticks up in the air just like a flag. And, it's surprising
how loud they can sing. I've heard the song many times but
didn't know it came from such a tiny bird.

I looked up a bit about them and found out that
they like to nest near humans. It isn't unusal to find
a nest in a hanging plant or a shoe left out on the porch.
So, I won't worry so much now about disturbing her and
her little family.






4 comments:

Sara said...

How cute is this!!

Linda said...

How lovely to have that little family so nearby - keep us posted on their progress please.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AW!! Little baby birdies!! I love to watch the birds outside our house...we have lots of birdhouses everywhere!! ;)

Mitzi Koons said...

I love that - how sweet! Earlier - I found a nest a wren had started in hubby's motorcycle helmet - he had it hanging off a handlebar after a ride - and she had her nest in there less than 24 hrs later. Thank goodness there were no eggs as we had to take it out.