Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Misery Loves Company


So, I'm going to share my unhappy day with you.
I spent 3 hours in the dentist chair this morning.
And, I was so undone by the procedure that I
came home and crashed. Now, it is almost
3:30p.m. I still feel like I've been drug through
a knot hole backwards. And, my temporary crown
just came off. So it is back to the dentist to get it glued
back on. My day has been completely shot since
8:30 this morning. There is a light at the end of the tunnel
though, this is my last major work to be done. Yay!!!
I think I'll go eat worms.

But not Willy the Worm by Victoria Case he is much to cute
and very helpful in the garden. The challenge at ABC Challenges is
"S" for summer and at One Powerful Hour it is Stripes.
I think Willie will work for both.
In the summer I do lots of gardening and I'm always
digging up worms. I try to be careful of them because
of all of the good that they do for the soil. So when I
think of summer I think of my little gardening friend, Willie and
all of his brothers and sisters.
Willie is painted using watercolors.
As for the stripes for OPH these should do. This isn't exactly
what I had in mind for this challenge but it works. I love the
sample that is posted for this week. Very sophisticated. Wonderful job.

You know misery must love company, because I feel so much
better now. Thanks for listening to me bellyache.




7 comments:

elk said...

oh you poor thing...i am glad your art cheered you up....it is really cute and you are a talented artist!

Helen said...

Fab card - made me smile!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

toothache worse than backache. you poor thing. but the card is super. i love the colors and your story sounds like you're smiling.

hugs,

Denise Clark said...

Jeanette, I have total and complete sympathy for anyone who has had a dental visit. I am such a chicken that the dentist gives me a tranquilizer to take BEFORE I leave home! I do NOT do pain well! So Kudos to you girl!

The image on this card is so adorable! Love the colors you used. Just so sweet!

Lori said...

Sorry to hear of your dental issues-that does not sound like fun at all. Glad you're almost finished with everything though...that is good news.
Love the little worm card...so cute and I love the colors you used.

cmoh said...

What a fun card and I can so see this little worm inching his way through a maze (if there is such a thing) of stripes ;)

thanks for taking the challenge!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Isn't this little guy the cutest little image?!!! You've done a beautiful job with him!! ;) Sorry about your troubles girl...hoping things get better for you soon!! HUGS